The Saorge convent was founded in 1633 by Franciscan friars. Financially helped by the commune, they completed the construction of this monument around 1662. From 1794, soldiers chased out the brothers and occupied the monastery. It was only thirty years later that the convent was returned to the Franciscans.

However, the promulgation of the congregations law of 1901 led to the closure of the community and led them to leave the premises in 1903. The brothers again walked the corridors of the monastery between 1969 and 1988. Today open to visitors , it was for several years a place of residence for artists.

For this building we created a model of the building, church and cloister.